Educating Young Christians To Impact The World
ABOUT PINEY GROVE ACADEMY
Our Mission & Vision Statement
The mission of Piney Grove Academy is to provide a harmonious, educational environment that enhances the physical, mental and spiritual talents of the students for a successful transition from childhood to adulthood.
The vision of Piney Grove Academy is to be the preeminent school by providing a scholastic atmosphere that emphasizes spiritual growth, accountability, and intellectual advancement.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
1. Develop spiritual growth in our students through the study of God's Word.
2. Improve the academic growth of all students by motivating lifelong learning and promoting academic excellence.
3. Measure student performance and academic growth through a variety of assessments and students' improvement on NWEA & MAP (Measuring Academic Progress).
4. Implement programs in the learning community that foster parent, teacher, and community collaboration.
5. Promote healthy living practices and lifestyles through nutrition and physical fitness programming.
6. Develop programming that enhances student knowledge and awareness of the arts (Le. drama, music, etc.); enhances the acquisition of skills and furthers their application to all areas of students' academic and personal lives; and cultivates students' performance through self expression and creativity.
7. Utilize innovative instructional methods to foster lifelong learning and to enhance student achievement in the areas of math, science, technology, and reading.
8. Prepare student to live in a global society by providing an education that supports and embraces the diversity of all people through cultural awareness, respect, and appreciation of others.
9. Increase student engagement in the community through service learning opportunities.
10. Introduce a Code of Honor that increases students' awareness of themselves, respect for friends and family, and that fosters school pride.
The purpose of Piney Grove Academy is to pass on to its young people: ideals, beliefs, attitudes, values, habits and customs, as taught in Christian beliefs. We are dedicated to provide a harmonious educational system that develops the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of the students.